Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolute

Happy New Year!!!

Best wishes to all for Great Good Blessings to come!

I am not one for making New Year's Resolutions, i figure i have enough responsibility and guilt in my daily grind that i don't have to ask for more.

This year, however, i am going to make a small promise to myself.

It has been a really long time since i have had something to look forward to.  I have been kinda lost in the vortex of raising my babies and keeping the homestead afloat, such as it is.

I have much immediate joy--love my babies and my lifestyle, but sometimes i get a little myopic.

ALA has done an amazing thing for me (yet again.)  (yes, Thell, i used THAT word intentionally ;oP )

She has given me something to look forward to.

There are 155 days to revel in it before the adventure begins. 

At least i think it is 155 days. 

Give or take. 

Surely i have sufficiently proven that i can't count, and don't know what day it is, so let's just concider it a ball park figure.

The point is, this wonderful gift has given me something to look forward to, and i am amazed at what that one simple aspect does to lift your spirits and color your outlook on life!  I never realized that something was missing, until the hole was filled.

I get nuts when all the healy-feelies proclaim "DREAM!!"  But maybe there really is something to that.

Sooooo......

For 2012, I resolve to always have something to look forward to.

And my New Year's hope for each and every one of you is that you have something to look forward to, as well.

No comments: