Monday, December 26, 2011

Time Lapse

Okay, so i have admitted to you that i have been accused of having a "blatant disregard for time."

And i am alright with that.

Most of the time i don't have any idea what day of the week it is, let alone what day of the month it is.

It was the week of Thanksgiving before i flipped the calendar...the one that is prominent in the kitchen...over to November.

One day is the same  as the next when you have a mess of animals.  There is no weekend.  There is no vacation.  There is no time off.  Barn chores must be done whether it is Sunday or Christmas.  Or both :o)

But this still doesn't explain the huge boo boo regarding 12th Night. 

In the wee hours of this morning, while i was still snoozy, i was plotting my day, thinking, "I'll post "8 Bob's a-swimming," and then there will be four more left."  And then i ponder the fact that yesterday was Christmas.  And that Epiphany is on the 6th of January.  Always.

Have you been laughing at me, or just scratching your heads wondering what i was thinking?

I have NO idea how i worked out the timing of the start and ending of my little diddy.  I have been looking at the calendar, and it doesn't even work out to finish on the 31st of December, so that wasn't where my head was. 

The only thing i can say is that i was typing and setting it all up in the middle of the night one night when i couldn't sleep.  Perhaps i should have read, instead.

So we will just stay with what we got...I just wanted you to know that i KNOW when the Wise Men showed up...i just can't keep track of time.

It would appear that i could use some younger brain cells.
Or a vacation.

1 comment:

aprilof2 said...

I've heard Alaska is a great place to vacation. Might should look into that!! xoxoxo