Monday, May 2, 2011

Maud, The Amazing Flying Goat

Yesterday, as i was standing outside the fence talking to the girls, Maud gave me a strange look, shifted her weight to her back legs, and LEAPT, from a standing position, straight toward me.  I reached up, over my head, and caught her mid-chest, and bounced her back in the pen, like hitting a volleyball over the net, with fingertips.  She landed on all fours, looked at me, took two steps back, and jumped again.  I deflected her again.  She stood there looking at me.  I turned to Ellie May and asked if she saw that, but i didn't need to ask, i could tell by the look on her face that she had.  I said, "I think she would have jumped OVER me, if i hadn't have caught her...is that what it looked like from your angle?"  And Ellie completely agreed.

I am not a short person.  I am 5'9".

This is a three month old goat.

I turned to walk away, took three steps, and Maud just about tripped me.

Today i am shopping for fabric.
Gonna make that goat a cape.

No comments: