Friday, May 27, 2011

Crime Doesn't Pay

Weeellllll......

I snuck off for the annual birthday bash with the children's godmother, ALA, this week.  She and i were born a day apart, and every year we go to do something together to celebrate. 

The trip didn't bode well in the beginning.  I stopped to get gas and a bite of something for breakfast in the next town over.  I stepped up to the counter, ordered my eggamoobymuffin, and the ummmmm....Person behind the counter asked me if i was a senior citizen.  "Because i can give you a discount if you are a senior citizen."

I almost cried.   Then i told her to charge me full price because i wasn't going to be 49 for another five days. 

This would have been forgivable if it had come from a teenybopper, but this Person was at least 60 years old.

Anyway.  I had planed to hide out in a hotel room for two days reading and typing stories for you all.  ALA had other plans for me.  And grand plans they were!!  Let us just say that it involved vice, fabulous food, and alcohol.  I had a wonderful time, a much needed respite.  Can't even imagine how to have made it better.  Aahhhh, i am truely blessed to have a dear friend who is a great accomplice. 

After 48 carefree hours of doing exactly what i felt like, i got back home, and my reality smacked me in the face.  Then when i got up the next morning, it whacked me in the head.  Just in case i wasn't paying attention.

But i did miss my babies, so it is good to be home again. 

The point of all this is, got a couple of days to make up for, so hang loose, will try to post a story or two this weekend. 

Surely had some fun, though.  Thank you, ALA.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I was going to comment the last time I saw you that you looked like you were approaching senior citizen status (SCS).... But thought better of it since I value what little time I have left in this universe!!!! LOL