Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ketchi(meifyou)can


The morning after leaving Juneau, we arrived in Ketchican, the fifth largest city in Alaska with approximately 8,000 inhabitants.
I found the city of Ketchican to be quite picturesque, and most of the homes across the inlet sported docks with boats, and some with pontoon planes.
I loved the scalloped shoreline, it was like each cove was a little neighborhood.
And the best one of all was this....y'all know how i joke about people that drive by our house confusing us with "Jim Ed's Used Car and Appliances?"

Well, i saw my Alaskan counterpart...

Here we have Jim Ed's Used Boats and Appliances.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ERIN, I can't believe we just missed each other. I went from Skagway to Juneau last week! I am now in Fairbanks, and loving it. It would have been such a cosmic coincidence if we had run into each other.
Have a wonderful time! I sure am. Check out my blog. www.alaska2012-sarah.blogspot.com

Love, Sarah