Sunday, July 15, 2012

Alaska...The Final Installment

The weather for almost the entire trip was wonderful.  We really only had one rough afternoon/evening.  It was wet enough that i had to abandon my post...note the absence of tootsies...
It was rough enough that the decks were closed.
Help!!  I am trapped on a cruise ship full of buffets and they won't let me off!!

The final evening, the ship pulled in to Victoria, B.C.  It was only a three hour stop, and didn't commence until 7pm, just enough to satisfy whatever law there is about cruise ships going to foreign countries.  But at that time, i was so relaxed i was nearly a puddle, and opted to admire Canada's beauty from the balcony with my p.j.'s and knitting.

Which means that this was my view...
I did watch the rather elaborate process of tieing up the ship.  It involved a tug boat, several giant ropes, and a couple of longshoremen that cussed like sailors.  Think they were vieing for promotion, but not certain.

ALA disembarked, and said it was a pretty city.  I will take her word for it.

Bright and early, and far too soon, we arrived back in Seattle.
The artwork at the departure gate of the Seattle airport was just as interesting as the artwork at the arrival gate
And then i came back, and my reality slapped me in the face.


But i have such beautiful memories.

They are my favorite part of the trip.

No comments: