Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Feel Like An Orange Vega Today

The one with brown doors and bald tires that is having trouble merging onto the information superhighway.

Have i mentioned how much i hate computers? 

Have i told you how much i miss 35mm cameras?

Let me just state for the record, that "Easy Share" is not Easy and it doesn't like to Share.

And i continue to uphold my firm belief that all computers are possessed, and Satan lives on the internet.

WELL, I feel better.

Sort of.

I have just killed all my lolling about time trying to get pictures off the camera and onto this THING.  I have an amazing picture of Jesse and Owens to show y'all, and this morning i took a shot of the cattle that will have a really cute title.  And i can't get the darn pictures to move.  ARRRrrrgggghhh.  Harumph.

So now, i am out of time to tell a story.  Will have to settle for this small anecdote.

Conversation between teenage girl locked in bedroom, pesky little brother on other side of door, and dad at other end of house.  Girl ignores repeated (and annoying) request by little brother for help with a chore.  Dad hollers, "Tell her the Head of this Household said to (fill in blank.)"  Little brother hollers to girl, "The Head of this Hellhole said to (fill in blank!)"

Is it any wonder i love them all so much?   For the record, i have no idea how the term "hellhole" entered into Jethro's lexicon.  This is not a term i have used much in my lifetime, and certainly can't remember the last time.  I will confess to having a particular ugly word that slips from my lips regularly when i spill or drop something in the kitchen.  It is such a bad habit that the dog now thinks this particular word means "food," comes running whenever i say it, and starts sniffing around my feet for edible drop downs.  Of course the joke was on her the time we were trying to catch her, to no avail, and then i said the magic word.  Yep, we got her.

No comments: