Friday, December 21, 2012

Shwan Song

The last couple of months haven't been fun.

Much has been lost.
Much has been taken away.
Much has been given up.
Much has been given away.

It has been ugly.

Ellie May, Jethro, ALA and i were sitting at an excruciatingly long traffic light the other day, kinda talking around some of the stuff that has been going on, and i made the comment that the only constant in life is that everything changes.  Ellie May replied, "Except for this light."


I try to see my Creator in all that i do, and my constant prayer is that i am His servant (and i do believe that G-d is a male...a woman would not have inflicted bras, pantyhose and purses on her own kind.)

Sometimes, i have hard time when He's workin' a Plan, though. 

Figuring out what it is, seeing it, living with it...you know. 

But i try to remain obedient.

His Will will be done.




Like everyone else, there are times when i have trouble hearing the "still small voice."

At those times, my prayer is that He give me a neon sign, so that i don't miss what he is telling me, and do the wrong thing.

This is one of those neon sign times. 

Been askin' for it.

Been lookin' for it.

Been waiting for it.

Finally got it.
Or at least, i was given words of encouragement, anyway.

Ya never can tell how He will speak to you. 

Lots of times, He has spoken to me through the animals (not literally, you KNOW what i mean,) and many, many times He has spoken to me through my babies.  And the last couple of years, He has spoken to me through the very amazing leader of this really groovy church i have been attending.

This week, i was spoken to again. 

On the back of a couple of semi-trucks, of all places.

Really.

I was driving down the highway, begging for guidance and respite from the onslaught, when i finally focused on the truck i had been following for who knows how many miles, and in great big huge letters on the back door was:
Phil. 4:13
FAITH

Now, i had to wait to get home to look up the scripture, but the reminder, the simple reminder of our most important and sometimes most difficult endeavor, brought me back from the edge of the cliff.

Remember Who is in control.  Have FAITH.


A couple of hours later, still on the road, still talking to G-d, i pull up behind another semi, and this time, the entire scripture was covering the door.

"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24"

The Philippians?
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

How many trucks do you pass, or pass you, and how many of them quote The Word?
I'm tellin' ya, He was speakin' to me.

And so, on this, the final posting of Tales From Tails Up, i leave you with those words, and a couple that the amazing leader of the groovy congregation tossed out some months back.

Have faith, be strong, take courage,
and remain steadfast.




Thank you all for taking the time to read my dithering of the last couple of years, and thank you for all your comments, kind words, and encouragement.  It has been way fun, and i will miss writing for ya.  Love and blessings to you all.

Mahalo Nui Loa and Shalom,
Chickory Blossom


P.S.  To all you doomsday fruit loops:  That Mayan Calendar monkey business?  They weren't predicting the end of the world, they were predicting the end of this blog.

All that fuss and worry for nuthin'.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaawwwwwwwww! Why do I always come in on the end of all the good blogs? Your last post was exactly what I needed to read today. Thank you. I hope you are having a happy, joyful life.